"Sermons By Lavell" Off To A Great Start





Wow! It's been ten days since my last post. I promise, I'll post more frequently and with shorter entries. (I know some of y'all are just too busy to read more than a few lines!) So here's what's happening:

My first big push into TV Land is with a spec pilot I wrote entitled "Sermons By Lavell" starring, you guessed it, Lavell Crawford. I've been blessed to now have a veteran showrunner attached. His name is David Duclon and his credits are deep--as far back as "The Odd Couple" and "Happy Days." He was also an executive producer on "The Jeffersons" "Punky Brewster" "Silver Spoons" "Eve"-- and many more.

Last Sunday, David and I met with Lavell and his team (his manager Coco and roommate Jay Lamont) after the Last Comic Standing Tour Show in Anaheim. It was a solid meeting. For the next two days I retooled "Sermons..." then David took it to his agent at ICM to get his thoughts. We're awaiting word from him concerning the script and possible representation of me. Things look good. But then there is the approaching strike...!

More later. (I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment